Sunday, February 25, 2007

028.162 Books, Reviews, & Reviewers: So Many, So Good

I have been following many of the bloggers who review and talk about books the past few days to keep up with all the discussions surrounding the "controversy" stirring over the selection of the latest Newbery book and the word within its pages. In doing this, I came to realize that there are so many good sources out there for learning about books that I wanted to pull those blogs together for easier review.

I know one of these folks personally through professional connections and enjoy "virtually visiting" with her over her reviews and getting to know her better through her writing. Another I know through reputation and the many times I have been privileged to be a part of an audience enjoying her passionate talks about books. Still yet, another although her blog doesn't just speak to the subject of books, authors a semi-regular column about children's books for a newsletter and I get to call her friend and colleague and get to talk books with her all the time!

But through this great thing we call social networking, I have found others who share their thoughts and feelings about books. Their attitudes, passions, and humor on the subject of books make for such enjoyable reading...it's like moving to the next chapter in a great read to move to the next post these reviewer bloggers have written. Thanks you all!!

And here are some more book bloggers and great information about books in this wiki. Enjoy!

No comments: