Thursday, April 12, 2007

027.8092 The Librarian of the Year!

Hip, hip, hooray!

Dr. Barry M. Bishop was named Texas Library Association's 2007 Librarian of the Year today at the annual conference in San Antonio.

When he is not in San Antonio winning awards or participating in his 3rd Strong Libraries, Strong Scores Conference for Adminstrators from across the state, he is the Director of Library Information Services for Spring Branch ISD in Houston, Texas, home of one of the most-used school library webpages for the last NINE years!

The pragmatist that I am, I consider myself extremely fortunate that he is the visionary I get to follow! It has been a grand adventure for 10 years and I only look forward to what may come as it continues.

P.S. Thanks to ALL who kept the best kept secret ever! It worked...he was surprised!

No comments: