Sunday, November 2, 2008

371.22 Videostreaming For the Younger Set

Last week, I was told this site existed so I went to see what it is all about. TOTLOL is for younger children and their parents to share the "funny" video experience. It is powered by YouTube and includes videos rated by parents as safe and appropriate for the younger children in the family. Here is the background behind the site which just launched about two weeks ago.

A check search thru the videos shows that animals and pets are a big part of the collection. I'm sure there are many other things that I will find when I return again. I selected this video because I too have a dog with a crazy habit. Enjoy!
There are some "learning" videos included on the preview page as well...look like pre-reading and vocabulary building activities.

The site does not include file info (that I can find yet), so I can't put the video up here, but I'll be watching to see if things change.
I will be checking to see if it is available in district tomorrow...my initial thoughts are that it is not, at least for now, because of its association to YouTube.
Update: It is NOT available in district (for now anyway)
I will be adding it to our recently created wiki page of early childhood materials so others can check it out as well.

2 comments:

arkreynolds said...

I had fun with the animated animals video-Jim was looking at me like I had lost my mind. LOL! Thanks for keeping us up to date with the latest and greatest.

The Social Reformer said...

interesting