Saturday, January 17, 2009

363.12 The Hudson Miracle



I have been watching the news on the Hudson River air crash the last few days and have truly been amazed at the stories that have come out of the event.



The Captain and his strength, ability and level-headedness at landing the plane so carefully is of course, a wonderful part of the miracle that occurred. But the individual challenges of all aboard are really something. Everyone helped each other, pitched in where it was needed, gave a hand out or an encouraging word...and turned the praise they received back towards the others.



And the images...gives new meaning to the old saying "on a wing and a prayer."

2 comments:

teacherninja said...

I'm sorry, but I don't really like the term "miracle" used with this. It was all people that did this. The amazing work of the pilot and crew, the quick reaction of the boaters in the area. We should be proud of ourselves. Thanks.

Mamalibearian said...

I just hope that every pilot of every plane I ever get on is as good as "Scully". God forbid that I ever go through something like this, but if I have to, it would be reassuring to know he's the one in control.